Today I got home late from work, but right after dinner Josh and I started on his school project. He has to make a poster with 3D elements incorporated so we decided to start with headlights added to a car.
Josh was a big help with the soldering. He was in charge of stripping insulation off the wires and dispensing the solder as I operated the iron. I keep forgetting how long it takes to wire up even the most simple circuit. I’m guessing we spent about an hour getting things all wired up. It even has a nice little button switch on the front for people to press. We finished just in time for bed. Luckily it all worked on the first try!
Here are the results:
Josh still has some work to do incorporating his essay onto the poster as well as adding a few more (less technical) 3D elements. Those will come tomorrow night.