Recipe - Dry Rubbed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
This surprisingly simple rub is fantastic on all poultry, but I especially like it on chicken thighs. This recipe results in very juicy and tender chicken without the extra fat from skin. My family raved about this recipe and devoured all the chicken so I figured it was worth posting.
Author: John Mangan
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 Tbsp Kother Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika (Don't skip this - it makes all the difference!)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Canola Oil (for pan)
- Mix dry ingredients together well in small bowl and rub thoroughly on chicken (both sides). Let rub sit on the chicken for up to 12 hours in the refrigerator. If you have a vacuum marinade container, this can be reduced to about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 and preheat an oven safe skillet to med-high on top of stove.
- When skillet is hot, add Canola oil, making sure that a thin layer is covering the entire bottom of pan (add slightly more or less depending on size of your pan).
- Add chicken to pan, upside down. Cook undisturbed for five minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Chicken is done when dark meat reads 180 degrees F when measured with an instant-read thermometer.